Casino & Dice News
- Okada Manila Chair Manuel Lazaro Dead, Late Attorney Was Close Advisor to Controversial Philippines Presidentby Devin O'Connor on May 19, 2022 at 6:09 pm
The parent company of Okada Manila in the Philippines today announced the passing of its board chairman Manuel “Lolong” Lazaro. He was 87. No cause of death was provided. Okada Manila is owned and operated by Tiger Resort, Leisure & Entertainment Inc. (TRLEI). The $2.4 billion integrated casino resort opened in Manila’s Entertainment City in The post Okada Manila Chair Manuel Lazaro Dead, Late Attorney Was Close Advisor to Controversial Philippines President appeared first on Casino.org.
- UK Legal Online Gambling Revenue Dips Slightly in Q1by Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 4:31 pm
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) just released an update on the impact COVID-19 has had on gambling behavior. The update primarily covers the first quarter of this year and shows a slight drop in online gambling activity. Overall, gambling continues to play a significant role in the economy. The UKGC’s data from yesterday shows that The post UK Legal Online Gambling Revenue Dips Slightly in Q1 appeared first on Casino.org.
- Encore Boston Harbor Dominating Massachusetts Gaming Industryby Devin O'Connor on May 19, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Encore Boston Harbor has been the dominant player in Massachusetts’ three-casino gaming industry nearly since its introduction in June of 2019. Almost three years and a pandemic later, the Wynn Resorts property has only increased its market share. The Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) this week revealed April casino numbers for the commonwealth’s three gaming venues. The post Encore Boston Harbor Dominating Massachusetts Gaming Industry appeared first on Casino.org.
- Lake Mead Body in Barrel Could Be Casino Veteran, Say Mob Expertsby Philip Conneller on May 19, 2022 at 4:01 pm
The body in a barrel found in the mud of a receding Lake Mead several weeks ago could be that of a Las Vegas casino veteran named Johnny Pappas, according to two Mob experts. Writing in The Daily Mail Wednesday, Jeff Burbank and Geoff Schumacher of Las Vegas’ Mob Museum, said the grisly discovery bore The post Lake Mead Body in Barrel Could Be Casino Veteran, Say Mob Experts appeared first on Casino.org.
- Suncity Group Executive Director Is Taking Control of the Companyby Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Suncity Group is trying to pick up the pieces following its recent administrative and financial troubles. There’s a new man ready to steer the junket operator’s future, with a senior executive purchasing its controlling shares. Andrew Lo Kai Bong is now in a position to determine where the company heads. The Suncity senior executive acquired The post Suncity Group Executive Director Is Taking Control of the Company appeared first on Casino.org.
- Culinary Union Initiates Petition to Cap Rent Increases in North Las Vegasby Devin O'Connor on May 19, 2022 at 2:59 pm
The Culinary Union has launched a ballot initiative in North Las Vegas to place a cap on further rent increases. Culinary, which represents 60,000 gaming industry workers in Las Vegas and Reno, says rents in North Las Vegas surged 25% in 2021. The ongoing spike in monthly costs are pushing many longtime residents out, so The post Culinary Union Initiates Petition to Cap Rent Increases in North Las Vegas appeared first on Casino.org.
- Spanish Man’s Counterfeit Euro Scheme to Feed Betting Habit Falls Apartby Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 1:04 pm
A Spanish man from the town of Cuéllar thought he had an ingenious way to launder counterfeit money for clean bills to use on sports bets. However, it fell apart, and police tracked him down by following the breadcrumbs. The Spanish Civil Guard is investigating a man for paying with counterfeit bills in a fast-food The post Spanish Man’s Counterfeit Euro Scheme to Feed Betting Habit Falls Apart appeared first on Casino.org.
- Aristocrat to Launch iGaming Solution before Year’s Endby Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 12:24 pm
Aristocrat Leisure has reiterated its plan to jump into the digital gaming space. The gaming equipment manufacturer said in a filing with the Australian Securities Exchange today that it is ready to tackle the growing market. Aristocrat will launch an online casino business before the end of the year. The company, much like in the The post Aristocrat to Launch iGaming Solution before Year’s End appeared first on Casino.org.
- Bloomberry Resorts Wants to Build Another Integrated Resort in the Philippinesby Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 12:20 pm
Bloomberry Resorts envisions the Philippines as a massive gambling destination. The company already owns or invests in several casinos and integrated resorts there, but wants to add another. Bloomberry, the Enrique Razon-led empire, plans to build a third integrated resort (IR) on the main island of Luzon. The resort would be located at Paniman in The post Bloomberry Resorts Wants to Build Another Integrated Resort in the Philippines appeared first on Casino.org.
- Sweden Gambling Bill Update Removes Restrictive Marketing Regulationsby Erik Gibbs on May 19, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Sweden’s government has introduced a series of changes to the country’s gambling laws. It listened to the gaming industry before finalizing the changes, backing off plans to severely handicap operators’ marketing initiatives. Like most countries, Sweden is revamping its gambling regulations to focus more on consumer protection. However, unlike most countries, government officials and regulators The post Sweden Gambling Bill Update Removes Restrictive Marketing Regulations appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Television gambling advertisement watershed potential for Irelandby Adam Morgan on May 19, 2022 at 6:00 pm
In Ireland and an influential government committee has reportedly recommended instituting a prohibition against the broadcasting of any gambling advertisements on television before nine o’clock in the evening. According to a Tuesday report from the Irish Examiner newspaper, the Committee of Justice has advised the implementation of a ban on the showing of any television
- GoldenRace to supply virtual sports product to Betsson Greece via new partnershipby K Morrison on May 19, 2022 at 5:58 pm
GoldenRace has joined forces with Betsson Group, with the former supplying the operator and its customers in Greece with its virtual sports offering. The new partnership makes the Swedish international gambling group the exclusive virtual sports provider for the Greek market, while at the same time further bolstering its activity in the recently regulated sector.
- Bloomberry Resorts Corporation unveils Paniman casino resort intentionby Adam Morgan on May 19, 2022 at 5:57 pm
In the Philippines and casino operator Bloomberry Resorts Corporation has reportedly announced that it is planning to bring a new gambling-friendly resort to a 691-acre plot of land located some 37 miles south of Manila. According to a report from Inside Asian Gaming, the Manila-listed operator behind the Asian nation’s 800-room Solaire Resort and Casino
- GameArt Limited purchases video slot innovator SlotVision Limitedby Adam Morgan on May 19, 2022 at 3:16 pm
Two days after premiering its new three-reel and five-payline Striking Joker video slot and Maltese online casino games developer GameArt Limited has announced its acquisition of Cypriot compatriot SlotVision Limited for an unspecified amount. The Valletta-headquartered firm used an official press release to detail that the fresh arrangement is destined to see it begin launching
- Police arrest 10 men in connection with alleged League of Ireland match-fixingby Sadonna Price on May 19, 2022 at 3:16 pm
The Garda Anti-Bribery & Corruption Unit along with the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau carried out a mission this week, arresting ten men in connection with match-fixing involving the League of Ireland. The investigation into the matter centers on the Irish senior men’s soccer league. Details of the Operation Officials completed Operation Brookweed in Limerick
- Phil Hellmuth extends High Stakes Duel record to 9-1 with win over Scott Seiverby Sadonna Price on May 19, 2022 at 1:59 pm
Earlier this week, top poker pro Phil Hellmuth was able to add another notch to his High Stakes Duel belt, having secured yet another win after defeating Scott Seiver in the latest round. Round 4 of the series saw Hellmuth and Seiver post $400,000 each on the matchup, with Hellmuth taking it all after earning
- New South Wales gaming regulator calling for higher iGaming finesby Adam Morgan on May 18, 2022 at 7:45 pm
In Australia and the gaming regulator for the state of New South Wales has reportedly called on the government to begin slapping online sportsbetting firms with higher penalties for repeatedly breaking its rules on advertising. According to a report from The Sydney Morning Herald newspaper, the plea from the New South Wales Independent Liquor and
- 3 Oaks secures Megaways usage rights via new BTG partnershipby K Morrison on May 18, 2022 at 2:55 pm
Australian developer Big Time Gaming‘s (BTG) highly popular Megaways game engine has a new home with 3 Oaks Gaming after the recently established iGaming content distributor became the latest studio to secure the rights to utilize and integrate the iconic mechanic into its own slots portfolio. Under the new partnership agreement, 3 Oaks Gaming will be
- MGM Resorts International completes The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas takeoverby Adam Morgan on May 18, 2022 at 2:50 pm
American casino operator MGM Resorts International has announced that it is now running the prestigious The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas property following the completion of an around $1.62 billion deal with The Blackstone Group Incorporated. The Las Vegas-headquartered firm used an official Tuesday press release to detail that the arrangement forms part of a larger
- Pennsylvania chalks up impressive April sportsbetting performanceby Adam Morgan on May 18, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Online and retail sportsbooks in the eastern American state of Pennsylvania reportedly recorded a boost of over 19% year-on-year in aggregated handle for April to slightly beyond $572.1 million despite a reduction in major sporting tournament action. According to a Tuesday report from the online news domain at PlayPennsylvania.com citing official information from the Pennsylvania