Casino & Dice News
- Steve Wynn Lists Beverly Hills Mansion for $110M, as Billionaire Selloff Continuesby Devin O'Connor on January 23, 2021 at 8:02 am
Steve Wynn has listed his sprawling Beverly Hills estate for $110 million. It’s the second mansion the billionaire has now on the market. Wynn purchased the home located in the 1200 block of Benedict Canyon Drive in 2015 for $47.85 million. The seller at the time was Guess jeans cofounder Maurice Marciano. The nearly $48 The post Steve Wynn Lists Beverly Hills Mansion for $110M, as Billionaire Selloff Continues appeared first on Casino.org.
- Phil Mickelson Disputes White House Claim He Supported Billy Walters Clemency Caseby Steve Bittenbender on January 23, 2021 at 7:21 am
So, about that part of the Billy Walters clemency case where pro golfer Phil Mickelson wrote a letter in support of the retired gambler. Turns out, the Trump Administration didn’t quite get that right. An attorney for the 44-time winner on the PGA Tour told ESPN’s Bob Harig in no uncertain terms that that did The post Phil Mickelson Disputes White House Claim He Supported Billy Walters Clemency Case appeared first on Casino.org.
- Michigan Rolls Out Mobile Sports Betting, iGaming in a Very Big Wayby Steve Bittenbender on January 23, 2021 at 6:38 am
In an online gaming equivalent of a land rush, 10 licensed operators launched mobile sports betting and/or iGaming apps in Michigan Friday. It’s a move that should make the Midwestern state one of the country’s top gaming states in quick fashion. The apps were allowed to start taking bets at noon. State Sen. Curtis Hertel, The post Michigan Rolls Out Mobile Sports Betting, iGaming in a Very Big Way appeared first on Casino.org.
- New Orleans Casino Winnings Sink As COVID-19 Slows Tourismby Larry Henry on January 22, 2021 at 10:46 pm
The New Orleans gaming market closed out 2020 with a steep drop in revenue. The tourism-dependent Crescent City was hit hard last year by the coronavirus pandemic. In the New Orleans area, the combined gaming revenue in December was $35.9 million. That is 31 percent below the previous December’s $52 million, according to the New The post New Orleans Casino Winnings Sink As COVID-19 Slows Tourism appeared first on Casino.org.
- Yokohama Publishes IR Timeline, Casino Winner to Be Selected This Summerby Devin O'Connor on January 22, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Yokohama is officially making a run for one of Japan’s three commercial casino licenses. The city yesterday published its request-for-proposal (RFP) timeline. Casino groups can submit their proposals to the city government beginning February 5. The deadline is May 17. Following the submission period, the government will review the schemes and select a winner sometime The post Yokohama Publishes IR Timeline, Casino Winner to Be Selected This Summer appeared first on Casino.org.
- Trump Administration Signed Off Tejon Tribe’s Hard Rock Bakersfield, California Casino Proposalby Philip Conneller on January 22, 2021 at 8:28 pm
The outgoing Trump administration earlier this month approved plans for a $600 million Hard Rock-branded casino just outside Bakersfield, Calif. The proposal from the Tejon Indian Tribe includes a 166,500-square foot gaming floor, an 11-story hotel with 400 rooms, convention space, 13 restaurants, and a Hard Rock Live events center. Once up and running, the The post Trump Administration Signed Off Tejon Tribe’s Hard Rock Bakersfield, California Casino Proposal appeared first on Casino.org.
- Massachusetts Curfews to End, Casinos Will Soon Resume 24/7 Operationsby Devin O'Connor on January 22, 2021 at 5:48 pm
The three casinos in Massachusetts will be able to resume operations around the clock on Monday, Jan. 25. The curfew began in early Nov. Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) is lifting the 9:30 pm curfew that has required businesses, including casinos, to close at that time nightly. The governor cited improving COVID-19 case numbers, as The post Massachusetts Curfews to End, Casinos Will Soon Resume 24/7 Operations appeared first on Casino.org.
- Caesars Stock Is Catalyst-Rich Story Bound to Hit Triple Digits, Says Analystby Todd Shriber on January 22, 2021 at 5:32 pm
Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) is higher by more than eight percent to start 2021 and 111 percent over the past six months. Citing an array of catalysts, one analyst says there’s more upside where that came from for the Harrah’s operator. In a note to clients today, Stifel analyst Steven Wieczynski reiterates a “buy” rating on The post Caesars Stock Is Catalyst-Rich Story Bound to Hit Triple Digits, Says Analyst appeared first on Casino.org.
- Texas State Rep. Dutton Introduces Mobile-Only Sports Betting Bill, 6.25 Percent Tax Rateby Todd Shriber on January 22, 2021 at 4:17 pm
Rep. Harold Dutton Jr. (D-Houston) recently introduced mobile-only sports wagering legislation in the Texas state House. The proposal limits the number of permits issued to five and features a favorable tax rate of 6.25 percent. Dutton is one of the longest-serving members in the state’s House of Representatives. He proposes that the Texas Department of The post Texas State Rep. Dutton Introduces Mobile-Only Sports Betting Bill, 6.25 Percent Tax Rate appeared first on Casino.org.
- HHR Opponents Want Parlors Shut Down After Kentucky Supreme Court Declines Rehearingby Steve Bittenbender on January 22, 2021 at 7:19 am
The Kentucky Supreme Court on Thursday announced it would not revisit an opinion it gave last fall that select historical horse racing (HHR) machines did not meet the definition of pari-mutuel betting. That decision leaves one of the state’s signature industries at a crossroads as it waits for lawmakers to potentially rectify the issue. The The post HHR Opponents Want Parlors Shut Down After Kentucky Supreme Court Declines Rehearing appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Intertops Poker set to run week-long Bitcoin video slot bonanzaby Adam Morgan on January 23, 2021 at 2:31 pm
To wrap up the first month of the new year and Intertops Poker will be running a special week-long promotion from Monday that is to see depositing players receive up to 75 complimentary spins on a pair of video slots from Maltese online casino games developer BetSoft Gaming Limited. From January 25 to 31, online
- Inspired Entertainment Incorporated debuts new Vegas Cash Spins video slotby Adam Morgan on January 23, 2021 at 2:29 pm
Only a week after launching its Reel Lucky King Megaways video slot, American online casino games developer Inspired Entertainment Incorporated has now returned to announce the premiere of its new five-reel and 25-payline Vegas Cash Spins innovation. The New York City-headquartered firm used an official Wednesday press release to pronounce that its latest mobile-friendly game is
- Brokerage mulls over digital currency introduction for Macauby Adam Morgan on January 23, 2021 at 1:34 am
Mass and premium-mass business at the 39 casinos in Macau could reportedly benefit if the enclave ever decided to adopt the digital version of the yuan currency currently being promoted by the government of China. According to a report from GGRAsia, this is the opinion of analysts from international brokerage Sanford C Bernstein Limited as
- EGT Digital to integrate MrSlotty titles via new partnershipby K Morrison on January 22, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Bulgarian iGaming tech company EGT Digital has partnered with slot game brand MrSlotty to the benefit of its clients who will gain access to its quality content. Courtesy of the collaboration, which sees it add a vast selection of third-party content powered by industry-leading software providers, EGT Digital will have the opportunity to supply operators with
- Casino implementation policy guidelines published by Yokohamaby Adam Morgan on January 22, 2021 at 10:06 pm
Officials in the giant Japanese city of Yokohama have reportedly published the implementation policy for their ambitious campaign to win one of the nation’s coming trio of integrated casino resort licenses. According to a report from Inside Asian Gaming, the Honshu conurbation of approximately 3.7 million people is hoping to bring a Las Vegas-style facility
- Golden Nugget and PointsBet go live with Michigan operator’s for highly anticipated online gaming and sports betting launchby K Morrison on January 22, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Regulated online gaming and sports betting go live Friday, Jan. 22, 2021, in the state of Michigan, and Golden Nugget Online Gaming (Nasdaq: GNOG) has been given the green light by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) to roll out its offering courtesy of the July 2020 partnership deal with the Ojibwa Casino & the
- Scottish bingo club operators join together to ask for more financial supportby Adam Morgan on January 22, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Amid the ongoing coronavirus-induced shutdown of their clubs and bingo operators in Scotland have reportedly joined together to call on the government to provide them with increased levels of sector-specific financial support. According to a Thursday report from the Daily Record newspaper, the Save Scottish Bingo campaign is being coordinated by the local branch of
- Philip Rivers Retires from Playing in the NFL after 17 Seasonsby David Green on January 22, 2021 at 2:54 pm
On Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 the incredible quarterback of the San Diego / Los Angeles Chargers and the Indianapolis Colts, Philip Rivers, officially announced his retirement from playing in the National Football League. His illustrious NFL career spanned 17 seasons, and he currently holds some of the most coveted passing records in professional football. Throughout
- GambleAware calls for re-think on online gambling deposit limitsby Adam Morgan on January 22, 2021 at 2:31 pm
In the United Kingdom and the organization behind the BeGambleAware.org responsible gambling resource has reportedly backed the findings of a new study in asking iGaming firms to remove their range of operator-defined deposit limits. According to a Thursday report from SBCNews, the GambleAware charity made its suggestion after an investigation from The Behavioural Insights Team
- KO series concludes on partypoker US network as main events finish upby Marie Kelley on January 22, 2021 at 2:15 pm
After starting on Christmas Day, the partypoker KO Series has come to an end. The series finished up on January 19 with three Main Events taking place. The KO Series offered three buy-in levels, which made it easy for players of all bankrolls to compete. The series was successful, with all three of the Main