Casino & Dice News
- New York Yankees Send Slugger Aaron Judge to IL After Wall Collisionby Pauly McGuire on June 7, 2023 at 4:06 am
New York Yankees right fielder Aaron Judge sustained a big toe injury, which will land him on the 10-day IL, after he made a highlight-reel catch against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Judge sat out the last two games with a swollen toe, and the team were worried that it was broken. An MRI revealed that The post New York Yankees Send Slugger Aaron Judge to IL After Wall Collision appeared first on Casino.org.
- Mafia Gambling Figure Shot Dead in Montrealby Philip Conneller on June 7, 2023 at 12:16 am
A high-profile member of the Montreal Mafia was shot dead in broad daylight on Monday afternoon on a street corner in Dorval in the city’s suburbs. Francesco Del Balso, 53, is believed to have been an influential leader in the Rizzuto crime family and once controlled the syndicate’s illegal gambling activities. But after the death The post Mafia Gambling Figure Shot Dead in Montreal appeared first on Casino.org.
- Ailing Horses May Have Run at Churchill Downs, Says Analystby Todd Shriber on June 6, 2023 at 10:11 pm
While there’s no publicly revealed link between the recent 12 equine deaths at Churchill Downs, an analyst believes it’s possible some trainers allowed unhealthy horses to race at the Kentucky track. In a note to clients today, Truist Securities analyst Barry Jonas said he spoke with Churchill Downs (NASDAQ: CHDN) management Monday as the stock The post Ailing Horses May Have Run at Churchill Downs, Says Analyst appeared first on Casino.org.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis 2024 Odds Lengthen as GOP Primary Field Growsby Devin O'Connor on June 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis speaks in New Hampshire on June 1, 2023. DeSantis' odds of being the Republican Party's nominee for president next year continue to lengthen. The post Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis 2024 Odds Lengthen as GOP Primary Field Grows appeared first on Casino.org.
- Light & Wonder on Track for $1.4B in EBITDA by 2025 Says CEOby Todd Shriber on June 6, 2023 at 8:43 pm
Gaming device manufacturer Light & Wonder (NASDAQ: LNW) is on pace to reach its previously stated goal of generating earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) of $1.4 billion by 2025. CEO Matt Wilson made comments to that effect in a recent interview with Australia’s CommSecTV. Wilson, who assumed the top spot at the The post Light & Wonder on Track for $1.4B in EBITDA by 2025 Says CEO appeared first on Casino.org.
- Bally’s Previous Rhode Island iGaming Revenue Forecast Could Fall $50M Shortby Craig Boswell on June 6, 2023 at 7:34 pm
A recent Rhode Island Department of Revenue report shows that revenue from legalized iGaming could be $50M less than previously expected, according to a new financial report. The estimate is the latest from consulting firm Christiansen Capital Advisors, LLC. The firm complied 12 months of gross iGaming revenue and compared data from the six states The post Bally’s Previous Rhode Island iGaming Revenue Forecast Could Fall $50M Short appeared first on Casino.org.
- IGT Extends ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Licensing for 10 Yearsby Todd Shriber on June 6, 2023 at 7:28 pm
International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT) announced Monday that it inked a 10-year agreement with Sony Pictures Television that secures licensing of the famed “Wheel of Fortune” brand across a variety of wagering platforms. Financial terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. The new contract kicks in on Jan. 1, 2025, and runs through Dec. 31, 2034. The post IGT Extends ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Licensing for 10 Years appeared first on Casino.org.
- Thailand Cuts Power to Myanmar Border Gambling Zoneby Philip Conneller on June 6, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Thailand’s electricity authority cut off power to two towns just across the border in Myanmar’s Kayin (Karen) State on Monday night. The area is home to Yatai New Town, a reputed hotbed of new casino developments, illegal online gambling and scam operations, and human trafficking. The decision was taken by the Thai government at the The post Thailand Cuts Power to Myanmar Border Gambling Zone appeared first on Casino.org.
- Skillz Moving Headquarters to Las Vegas from San Franciscoby Todd Shriber on June 6, 2023 at 6:33 pm
Mobile games developer Skillz Inc. (NYSE: SKLZ) is the latest company to announce a departure from the San Francisco Bay Area to Nevada. The firm said Tuesday it’s moving its headquarters to Las Vegas. The gaming company purchased a 36,045-square-foot building with views of the Strip originally owned by world-renowned photographer Peter Lik. Financial terms The post Skillz Moving Headquarters to Las Vegas from San Francisco appeared first on Casino.org.
- A’s Las Vegas Stadium Deal Makes No Cents — Stanford Profby Corey Levitan on June 6, 2023 at 5:45 pm
It may not be a bad thing for Las Vegas that the bill providing $380M in public funds for a $1.5B stadium on the Strip for the Oakland Athletics died in the Nevada Legislature this week. At least according to one Stanford University professor, the deal is a bad one. Roger Noll, a Stanford professor The post A’s Las Vegas Stadium Deal Makes No Cents — Stanford Prof appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Splash Inc. To Debut Splash Sports Next Monthby Marija Malenovic on June 6, 2023 at 4:23 pm
After quietly acquiring two important sports pool platforms in 2021 called RunYourPool.com and OfficeFootballPool.com, Splash Inc., a flagship sports gaming platform for peer-to-peer contests based in Denver, Colorado, is ready to officially debut its real money gaming platform called Splash Sports next month. Preparing to enter real money gaming: The company’s portfolio currently includes two
- Satisfy All Your Food Cravings in New Nolimit City’s Slot Release Gluttonyby Vanja Mitic on June 6, 2023 at 4:20 pm
The Nolimit City keeps being limitless when it comes to delivering new ideas and thrilling gameplay for its popular slot releases. What began in the previous company’s release, Whacked!, is to be continued in the new one, Gluttony. All-you-can-eat: The “business trip” will be continued, and the newest game will surely join the club of
- Factors Contributing to U.S. Gambling Market Growth and the Draw of Online Casino Bonusesby K Morrison on June 6, 2023 at 4:19 pm
In 2022 in the United States, online casino revenue in the six states where iGaming is legal, New Jersey, West Virginia, Michigan, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut, grew 35.2 percent year-over-year (YoY) to $5.0 billion. That is, since the highest court in the nation overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) in May 2018,
- Lottstift Wins Case Against Trannel; Orders Kindred To Remove Operations From Norway For Goodby Marija Malenovic on June 6, 2023 at 4:17 pm
On June 5, Lottstift, the Norwegian gambling authority, announced a final victory in its long-lasting legal case against Trannel International Limited, a subsidiary of Kindred Group Plc responsible for the Nordic market. Confirmation of the original judgement: Five days ago, on June 1, the Borgarting Court of Appeal officially confirmed the initial Lottstift judgement that
- Colts Player Under NFL Investigation for Breaching Betting Rulesby Radosav Milutinovic on June 6, 2023 at 4:17 pm
As Sports Handle reports, the Indiana Colts defensive back and kick returner Isaiah Rodgers may be subject to investigation due to wagering activities which are not in line with the League’s policy. The National Football League (NFL) policy prohibiting players to place wagers on either home or away games has recently been subject to a
- Red Rake Gaming Partners Up with JACKS.NL to Strengthen Its Dutch Presenceby Vanja Mitic on June 6, 2023 at 4:15 pm
Red Rake Gaming, one of the most famous premium casino content suppliers, joined forces with JOI Gaming to strengthen Red Rake’s position in the Dutch market. The impressive portfolio: JOI Gaming is about to begin its Dutch journey in June this year across JACKS.NL’s network, which will help in getting to a huge number of
- New Jersey Online Casinos Surpass $6.1 Billion In Lifetime Revenueby K Morrison on June 6, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Since full internet gaming operations commenced on November 25, 2013, online casino spend in New Jersey continues to rise, so much so that it has now surpassed land-based revenue, with lifetime revenue, April’s numbers included, surpassing the $6.1 billion mark, and $1 billion-plus in taxes. With no slowdown in sight, the market is poised to
- Star Entertainment Pushes the Opening of ”Queen’s Dwarf” to April 2024by Radosav Milutinovic on June 6, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Following a series of accusations for the Queensland casino laws violations, and the financial issues resulting in extensive lay-offs, the Australian gaming corporation Star Entertainment is facing another problem. As InQueensland reports, the casino giant’s vulnerability has recently been proven by another delay of its Queen’s Wharf project in Brisbane. April 2024 Launch: The company
- Montreal Casino Staff Announces Strike Ahead of Formula 1 Eventby Radosav Milutinovic on June 5, 2023 at 7:31 pm
More than 1,000 Montreal casino employees have announced a five-day strike to speed up the wage negotiations with the employer Loto-Quebec that commenced in June 2022. According to Montreal Gazette, the customer service, catering, and security casino staff said that they will use the strike mandate “at the opportune moment” less than two weeks ahead
- Galaxy Entertainment, MGM Resorts International To Reportedly Expand Into Thailand And UAEby Marija Malenovic on June 5, 2023 at 7:30 pm
As reported by Bloomberg News, Hong Kong-based Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. and Las Vegas-based MGM Resorts International, two leading giants in the iGaming industry, are currently exploring opening casino resorts in Thailand, because they want to protect themselves against a worsening outlook for their Macau operations. A stressful situation for both companies: The moves to expand