Casino & Dice News
- Barstool Fund Becomes Permanent Charity, Founder Dave Portnoy Seeks Directorby Devin O'Connor on August 4, 2021 at 9:21 pm
The Barstool Fund is here to stay. Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy says his nonprofit, formed last year to assist small businesses, is becoming a permanent charitable organization. Portnoy established Barstool Sports in 2003. He sold a 36 percent stake in the digital media turned sports betting company to Penn National Gaming in January of The post Barstool Fund Becomes Permanent Charity, Founder Dave Portnoy Seeks Director appeared first on Casino.org.
- Self-Parking No Longer Free at Miracle Mile Shops on Las Vegas Stripby Larry Henry on August 4, 2021 at 9:16 pm
For the first time, the Miracle Mile Shops connected to Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip will charge guests to self-park. The mall is charging $12 to self-park in the garage for one to four hours, and $15 for four to 24 hours, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Parking for The post Self-Parking No Longer Free at Miracle Mile Shops on Las Vegas Strip appeared first on Casino.org.
- US Citizen Laundered South American Drug Cartel Money in Guatemala Casinosby Philip Conneller on August 4, 2021 at 6:34 pm
A US citizen pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom Monday to laundering money for South American drug cartels, partly through two casinos he owned in Guatemala. Xizhi Li, 48, is accused of washing at least $30 million for drugs gangs, including the notorious Sinaloa Cartel and its former leader, Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán. According to The post US Citizen Laundered South American Drug Cartel Money in Guatemala Casinos appeared first on Casino.org.
- Gaming and Leisure Properties Stock Rallies as Rivals Combineby Todd Shriber on August 4, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Gaming and Leisure Properties (NASDAQ:GLPI) stock is among Wednesday’s best-performing real estate names. That’s after an analyst upgraded the shares and as consolidation comes to its peer group. In a note to clients earlier today, UBS analyst Robyn Farley lifts her rating on the gaming real estate investment trust (REIT) to “buy” from “neutral,” while The post Gaming and Leisure Properties Stock Rallies as Rivals Combine appeared first on Casino.org.
- Macau Casinos to Remain Open Amid Local COVID-19 Infectionsby Devin O'Connor on August 4, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Macau casinos will remain open despite the Chinese Special Administrative Region (SAR) recently confirming four new COVID-19 cases. The six licensed commercial casino operators in the region were dealt more bad news yesterday. Macau said it confirmed its first new local coronavirus cases in 500 days. A family of four is infected with COVID-19, health The post Macau Casinos to Remain Open Amid Local COVID-19 Infections appeared first on Casino.org.
- Caesars Eyes Sale of Las Vegas Asset, Plans $1B iGaming, Sports Betting Investmentby Todd Shriber on August 4, 2021 at 4:29 pm
Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) reported second-quarter results late Tuesday, returning to profitability for the first time since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. They did so while posting record quarterly adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA). The Harrah’s operator earned 34 cents a share on revenue of $2.5 billion, beating Wall Street estimates The post Caesars Eyes Sale of Las Vegas Asset, Plans $1B iGaming, Sports Betting Investment appeared first on Casino.org.
- National Labor Relations Board Scolds Red Rock Casino Effort to Pause Union Talksby Devin O'Connor on August 4, 2021 at 4:16 pm
A National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) director is asking a federal judge to dismiss a plea from the parent company of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa in Las Vegas to pause union negotiations. Last month, US District Judge Gloria Navarro issued a ruling ordering an entity called NP Red Rock LLC, doing business as The post National Labor Relations Board Scolds Red Rock Casino Effort to Pause Union Talks appeared first on Casino.org.
- VICI Paying $17.2B for MGM Growth Properties, Creates Biggest Strip Casino Landlordby Todd Shriber on August 4, 2021 at 2:46 pm
VICI Properties (NYSE:VICI) is buying rival MGM Growth Properties (NYSE:MGP) for $17.2 billion in stock. It’s an acquisition creating the dominant owner of Las Vegas Strip casino real estate. Under the terms of the transaction, VICI assumes $5.7 billion in MGP debt and gets MGM Resorts International’s (NYSE:MGM) $4.4 billion stake in the real estate The post VICI Paying $17.2B for MGM Growth Properties, Creates Biggest Strip Casino Landlord appeared first on Casino.org.
- NY Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Political Odds Shift After Report Backs Sex Claimsby Steve Bittenbender on August 4, 2021 at 11:14 am
The top political story for Tuesday in the United States was an independent investigation that found credible numerous sexual harassment claims made against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. As that damning 165-page report dropped late Tuesday morning, so too did the embattled governor’s chances in political betting and trading markets. Throughout Tuesday afternoon, key Democratic The post NY Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Political Odds Shift After Report Backs Sex Claims appeared first on Casino.org.
- Singapore Crime Boss Gets Five Years for Illegal Online Gambling Syndicateby Philip Conneller on August 4, 2021 at 10:18 am
The leader of an illegal online gambling syndicate was sentenced to a maximum five years and five months in a Singapore prison Monday. He was convicted for masterminding a lottery-betting outfit that generated multimillions of dollars. Lim Beng Tiong, 57, was originally arrested along with 48 other suspects in 2016. The Straits Times described the The post Singapore Crime Boss Gets Five Years for Illegal Online Gambling Syndicate appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- MGM Resorts International to divest REIT stake to Vici Properties Incorporatedby Adam Morgan on August 4, 2021 at 6:09 pm
American land-based casino operator MGM Resorts International has announced the signing of a definitive agreement that is to see Vici Properties Incorporated acquire its own MGM Growth Properties real estate investment trust (REIT) compatriot. The Las Vegas-headquartered firm used an official press release to detail that the transaction values MGM Growth Properties at approximately $17.2
- ACMA watchdog expands blocking remit to iGaming affiliate advertising sitesby Adam Morgan on August 4, 2021 at 6:08 pm
In Australia and the nation’s media and communications watchdog has announced that it has stepped up its fight against iGaming sites that may be attempting to offer their services to local punters without a license. The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) regulator used an official press release to detail that this effort has seen
- Gambling Commission postpones National Lottery operator selection deadlineby Adam Morgan on August 4, 2021 at 3:32 pm
In the United Kingdom and the Gambling Commission has announced a second delay in its year-long campaign to select who is to be granted the next ten-year license to run the country’s National Lottery. The regulator used an official press release to declare that this latest postponement is to see an additional four weeks added
- iSoftBet journeys to Asgard in new video slot Wild Hammer Megawaysby K Morrison on August 4, 2021 at 3:31 pm
Online games supplier and content aggregator iSoftBet has kicked off the month of August with a brand new title, Wild Hammer Megaways, a Norse adventure that partners players with Thor, the God of Thunder, on a journey to the realm of Asgard. Complete with cascading wins, transforming wilds, extra spins bonus rounds, and the popular
- Relax Gaming Limited floats out its Deep Descent video slotby Adam Morgan on August 4, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Only two weeks after releasing its Money Cart 2 Bonus Reels video slot and Maltese online casino games developer Relax Gaming Limited has returned to announce the launch of its new five-reel Deep Descent innovation. Headquartered in the Valletta suburb of St Julian’s, the developer used an official Tuesday press release to describe its latest three-row video
- COVID-19 continues to affect Grand Korea Leisure as low monthly revenues figures recorded in Julyby Sadonna Price on August 4, 2021 at 3:29 pm
The continued surges in positive COVID-19 cases have caused casinos in Asia to record monthly losses. In several areas of the country, case counts are rising, and restrictions are coming back into play, negatively affecting businesses such as casinos and gambling parlors. In South Korea, Grand Korea Leisure has reported a large year-over-year decline in
- Scientific Games announces the acquisition of content studio Lightning Boxby Sadonna Price on August 4, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Market-leading digital games company Scientific Games announced this week that it has acquired Lightning Box, a top-rated digital content studio. The deal will help SG to complete planned strategic growth opportunities. The overall goal is for the company to become the best cross-platform global game provider. Capitalizing on Growth Opportunities Scientific Games vies the acquisition
- New market entry for Kalamba Games; selection of online slots certified for Portugalby K Morrison on August 4, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Lauded as its “latest milestone,” a selection of Kalamba Games’ player-favorite iGaming titles have received approval in Portugal, enabling the online casino software developer to make its award-winning content available to players in the southern European country. Courtesy of the certification, local operators now have access to fifteen of the international games studio’s online slots
- Xavier Walsh stepping down as boss of beleaguered Crown Resorts Limitedby Adam Morgan on August 3, 2021 at 7:45 pm
In Australia and the Victorian royal commission looking into the local gambling license suitability of Crown Resorts Limited has reportedly been told that the casino operator’s Chief Executive Officer will be stepping down from later this month. According to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, the Melbourne-headquartered firm declared that Xavier Walsh is to
- Further commercial growth for Wazdan via new content agreement with Italian operator Tuko Productionsby K Morrison on August 3, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Looking to grow its footprint in the regulated Italian market, Wazdan Ltd has partnered with local casino game provider and aggregator, Tuko Productions, to debut its games portfolio in the European country. Under the terms of the deal, more than 40 Wazdan titles will be offered by the Battipaglia-based content provider, which has since 2016