Casino & Dice News
- Bally’s Evansville Reopens Casino After Tech Outage Forced Closureby Steve Bittenbender on October 19, 2021 at 7:38 pm
Bally’s Evansville reopened late Tuesday morning after the Indiana casino closed down unexpectedly on Monday. Diane Spiers, the executive director of public relations for Bally’s Corp., told Casino.org Tuesday that the casino reopened at 11 am CT. The Evansville Courier & Press reported that the gaming floor closed abruptly Monday afternoon. Due to a hardware The post Bally’s Evansville Reopens Casino After Tech Outage Forced Closure appeared first on Casino.org.
- Las Vegas Airport Name Change to Harry Reid International Reaches Funding Goalby Larry Henry on October 19, 2021 at 7:10 pm
A Clark County commissioner says enough money has finally come in to begin changing McCarran International Airport’s name to honor former US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D). Commissioner Tick Segerblom told the Las Vegas Review-Journal the county has raised the $4.2 million in private donations needed to begin changing the signs at the airport. The post Las Vegas Airport Name Change to Harry Reid International Reaches Funding Goal appeared first on Casino.org.
- Okada Manila Considering Japan Expansion After SPAC Deal Closesby Todd Shriber on October 19, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Fresh off announcing plans to merge with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), Okada Manila could be eyeing its next move: expanding in Japan, its parent company’s home country. Last Friday, Okada Manila, the world’s only Japanese-owned integrated resort, said it’s merging with Jason Ader’s shell company 26 Capital (NASDAQ:ADER), paving the way for the The post Okada Manila Considering Japan Expansion After SPAC Deal Closes appeared first on Casino.org.
- Minnesota Casino Thief Who Stole $315K From Tribe Receives Prison Sentenceby Devin O'Connor on October 19, 2021 at 6:12 pm
A woman formerly employed at a Minnesota casino owned and operated by a Native American tribe will spend the next eight months in prison. She was convicted for embezzling funds from the resort property. Jennifer Lynn Boutto, 33, pleaded guilty in March to one count of embezzlement and theft of tribal funds. Through her employment The post Minnesota Casino Thief Who Stole $315K From Tribe Receives Prison Sentence appeared first on Casino.org.
- Legends Casino Suspect’s Fatal Shooting By Idaho Authorities Under Reviewby Ed Silverstein on October 19, 2021 at 6:06 pm
The man suspected in a shooting at Washington State’s Legends Casino Hotel was himself killed by Idaho cops last week following a high-speed chase and standoff. Buddy Byron McKenzie, 41, of Richland, Wash. allegedly fired a gun at officers in Caribou County, Idaho last Wednesday. That led to a chase, which ended with police fatally The post Legends Casino Suspect’s Fatal Shooting By Idaho Authorities Under Review appeared first on Casino.org.
- Churchill Downs, Penn National Earn ‘Buy’ Ratings as Berenburg Starts Coverageby Todd Shriber on October 19, 2021 at 4:49 pm
Berenberg analyst Zachary Silverberg initiates coverage of several gaming stocks today, revealing bullish views on a quartet of well-known names in the group. The analyst is constructive on lottery and gaming technology providers, such as consumer-facing, land-based operators, including Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) and Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the US. The post Churchill Downs, Penn National Earn ‘Buy’ Ratings as Berenburg Starts Coverage appeared first on Casino.org.
- Gila River Breaks Ground on Fourth Casino, Tribe Dubs Property Santan Mountainby Devin O'Connor on October 19, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Construction is officially underway on the fourth Gila River casino in Southern Arizona. Gila River Hotels & Casinos today broke ground on Gila River Santan Mountain, a forthcoming tribal casino being built on the southeast corner of Gilbert Road and Hunt Highway in Chandler, Az. The site is roughly five miles south of Loop 202. The post Gila River Breaks Ground on Fourth Casino, Tribe Dubs Property Santan Mountain appeared first on Casino.org.
- Entain Extends Takeover Deadline for DraftKings to Make Formal Offerby Todd Shriber on October 19, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Entain Plc (OTC:GMVHY) is extending the deadline under which DraftKings (NASDAQ:DKNG) must formalize a takeover offer for the UK-based gaming company. Last month, DraftKings made a $20.5 billion cash and equity bid for the Coral owner, which the target rejected. The suitor subsequently floated a $22.4 billion cash and stock proposal. Under UK mergers and The post Entain Extends Takeover Deadline for DraftKings to Make Formal Offer appeared first on Casino.org.
- Federal Judge Dismisses Florida Sports Betting Lawsuit Against Gov. DeSantisby Steve Bittenbender on October 19, 2021 at 3:42 pm
A federal judge in Florida late Monday dismissed a lawsuit brought by two pari-mutuel operators. That lawsuit sought to stop the state from enforcing a revised gaming compact that allows the Seminole Tribe of Florida to offer sports betting across the state. In a 20-page ruling, US District Judge Allen Winsor ruled that the Magic The post Federal Judge Dismisses Florida Sports Betting Lawsuit Against Gov. DeSantis appeared first on Casino.org.
- Star Entertainment to Face Public Grilling on Anti-Money Laundering Failuresby Philip Conneller on October 19, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Australia’s Star Entertainment will face a public inquiry in the state of New South Wales (NSW) into allegations it permitted its Sydney property to be infiltrated by organized crime. The company’s shares plunged by almost 23 percent a week ago. That’s following damning reports in Australian media that claimed it had “enabled money laundering.” The The post Star Entertainment to Face Public Grilling on Anti-Money Laundering Failures appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Pragmatic Play adds “lucrative” title to growing games portfolio via new online slot Cash Bonanzaby K Morrison on October 19, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Pragmatic Play has released the latest title in its vault-inspired slot collection, Cash Bonanza, which combines a classic fruit theme with piles of banknotes and gold coins, along with an Increasing Ways Win respins feature that is sure to pay dividends, including a 5,000x max win! In this high volatility video slot, a 4-reel, 6-row
- Macau records significant drop in third-quarter VIP baccarat gaming revenuesby Adam Morgan on October 19, 2021 at 6:07 pm
The 41 casinos in Macau reportedly saw the share of aggregated third-quarter gross gaming revenues they amassed from VIP baccarat players decrease by some 16.4% year-on-year to just over $737.7 million. According to a report from Inside Asian Gaming citing official information from the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau regulator, this drop meant that only
- Arizona’s Gila River Indian Community breaks ground on a fourth casinoby Adam Morgan on October 19, 2021 at 6:06 pm
In the western American state of Arizona and the federally-recognized Gila River Indian Community reportedly held a special ceremony yesterday in order to break ground on a coming $150 million tribal casino. According to a Monday report from The Arizona Republic newspaper, the tribe’s Gila River Hotels and Casinos enterprise is already responsible for the
- Scopely Incorporated signs $1 billion deal to acquire GSN Games Incorporatedby Adam Morgan on October 19, 2021 at 3:29 pm
American mobile video games developer Scopely Incorporated has reportedly announced the signing of an agreement with Sony Pictures Entertainment Incorporated that is to see it purchase social casino counterpart GSN Games Incorporated. According to a source, the cash-and-stock arrangement inked by the Los Angeles-headquartered firm is worth approximately $1 billion and comes some 21 months
- Oryx Gaming now major content partner to Holland Casino for Netherlands newly regulated iGaming marketby K Morrison on October 19, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Bragg Gaming Group company, Oryx Gaming, has taken its content live in the Netherlands with Holland Casino for its new online interest, hollandcasino.nl. Supplying the state-owned casino group’s digital casino was made possible by Oryx’s integration with the Playtech Marketplace platform, the Dutch operator’s strategic technology partner across its information management system (IMS) platform, sports
- Intertops Poker running week-long Bitcoin bonus campaignby Adam Morgan on October 18, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Intertops Poker has announced the launch of a special promotion that will see those utilizing the Bitcoin cryptocurrency for deposits and withdrawals awarded with extra complimentary spins on some of its most popular video slots from Betsoft Gaming Limited. From now until the conclusion of October 25, Intertops Poker revealed that players who deposit a
- Emerald Bay Resort and Casino opening delayed until the first quarter of 2023by Adam Morgan on October 18, 2021 at 8:46 pm
In the Philippines and local casino operator PH Resorts Group Holdings Incorporated has reportedly announced that the first phase of its coming Emerald Bay Resort and Casino development will now not open before the first quarter of 2023. According to a report from Inside Asian Gaming, the Manila-listed firm is an enterprise of local trading
- GAN Limited inks Red Rock Resorts Incorporated alliance for Nevadaby Adam Morgan on October 18, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Real-money online casino and sportsbetting technologies developer GAN Limited has announced the signing of an agreement that is to see it supply a plethora of iGaming innovations to Red Rock Resorts Incorporated. The Nasdaq-listed firm used an official Friday press release to detail that the arrangement will involve the construction and deployment of an iGaming
- Aristocrat Leisure Limited lodges Playtech takeover offerby Adam Morgan on October 18, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Australian gaming machines innovator Aristocrat Leisure Limited has reportedly floated a proposition worth in the region of $3.7 billion that would see it purchase British online casino games developer Playtech. According to a report from Business News Australia, the takeover offer has already been accepted by the board of Playtech but will not become a
- Wazdan online slots deal with MaxBet further expands Romania reachby K Morrison on October 18, 2021 at 5:24 pm
In a move that further strengthens its commercial presence in Romania, Wazdan has partnered with leading land-based gaming and entertainment operator in Central and Eastern Europe, MaxBet Entertainment Group plc, for its MaxBet.ro online interest. Courtesy of the agreement, the Limassol-headquartered operator will now be able to offer its customers in Romania 20 popular titles