Casino & Dice News
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino Garage Murder Suspects Arrested in Florida, Police Revealby Ed Silverstein on December 5, 2020 at 3:42 am
Two men are heading to local court in connection with the July fatal shooting of a third man at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino parking garage. The incident happened shortly after the victim spent the evening at the Hollywood, Fla. gaming property. Dion Brown, age 21, and Jaleel Thomas, age 25, were each The post Seminole Hard Rock Casino Garage Murder Suspects Arrested in Florida, Police Reveal appeared first on Casino.org.
- Flutter US Growth Plans Won’t Hinder Credit Ratingby Todd Shriber on December 5, 2020 at 3:27 am
Flutter Entertainment Plc (OTC:PDYPY) made waves in the sports betting universe on Dec. 3, saying it’s paying $4.175 billion to Fastball Holdings LLC to purchase 37.2 percent of FanDuel. It’s a move that ups the Irish company’s stake in the US sportsbook operator to 95 percent from 57.8 percent. Investors cheered the announcement, sending Flutter’s The post Flutter US Growth Plans Won’t Hinder Credit Rating appeared first on Casino.org.
- Casino Winnings Decline in Louisiana Amid Hurricane, COVID-19 Setbacksby Larry Henry on December 4, 2020 at 8:37 pm
Destructive hurricanes and the coronavirus pandemic led to a falloff in recent casino winnings in Louisiana. Casino gaming revenue fell 17.8% in the Bayou State in October 2020 compared to the same month last year. That’s according to the latest figures from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. This percentage represents the falloff in winnings at The post Casino Winnings Decline in Louisiana Amid Hurricane, COVID-19 Setbacks appeared first on Casino.org.
- California Card Rooms Notch Legal Victory as Ninth Circuit Court Rejects Tribes Injunction Bidby Todd Shriber on December 4, 2020 at 8:34 pm
On Thursday, the US Court for the Ninth Circuit ruled that California tribal gaming companies cannot force their card room rivals to cease offering table games, such as blackjack. In an unpublished opinion, District Judge John Menendez balked at the efforts of three Golden State tribes. The tribes hoped for injunctions that would prevent card The post California Card Rooms Notch Legal Victory as Ninth Circuit Court Rejects Tribes Injunction Bid appeared first on Casino.org.
- Japan Won’t Tax Casino Winnings of Foreign Gamblers, Says Amariby Todd Shriber on December 4, 2020 at 6:22 pm
When integrated resorts eventually open in Japan, the country won’t tax winnings accrued by foreign gamblers, says Akira Amari, head of the Liberal Democratic Party’s (LDP) Research Commission on the Tax System. Amari made the comments during a recent press briefing, noting gaming properties in the Land of the Rising Sun need to be on The post Japan Won’t Tax Casino Winnings of Foreign Gamblers, Says Amari appeared first on Casino.org.
- Macau Regulator Denies It Wants Cashless Casino Economy Through Beijing-Backed DCEP Cryptocurrencyby Philip Conneller on December 4, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Macau’s gaming regulator, the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ), has rejected reports that the world’s richest casino economy plans to embrace the state-backed digital currency, DCEP. On Wednesday, Bloomberg claimed the regulator had approached several casino operators about the feasibility of replacing Hong Kong dollars with digital yuan, or DCEP (Digital Currency Electronic Payment), The post Macau Regulator Denies It Wants Cashless Casino Economy Through Beijing-Backed DCEP Cryptocurrency appeared first on Casino.org.
- Singapore Casino Resorts Offering Voucher Promotions, as City-State Gives Residents Tourism Moneyby Devin O'Connor on December 4, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Singapore is taking a page out of Macau’s playbook by issuing its residents tourism vouchers. Earlier this year, Macau, the world’s richest gaming hub that relies heavily on tourism and its casinos, issued each adult resident a 3,000 patacas ($375 USD) voucher good to spend on anything within the Chinese Special Administrative Region. Singapore has The post Singapore Casino Resorts Offering Voucher Promotions, as City-State Gives Residents Tourism Money appeared first on Casino.org.
- Los Angeles Councilman Vows to Address City’s Rising ‘Slaphouse’ Problemby Philip Conneller on December 4, 2020 at 10:04 am
The Los Angeles City Council will explore new measures to battle illegal gambling dens and so-called “slaphouses” in the city, per a new motion introduced this week by Councilman Bob Blumenfield. The motion directs city departments to find ways to deter landlords from leasing commercial properties to those involved in illegal gaming and to force The post Los Angeles Councilman Vows to Address City’s Rising ‘Slaphouse’ Problem appeared first on Casino.org.
- Las Vegas Investor Tony Hsieh Leaves Reported $840M Fortune But No Will: Court Filingby Larry Henry on December 3, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Ex-Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh did not have a will when he died Friday, leaving an estimated $840-million fortune. This is according to a court document filed in Las Vegas on the family’s behalf to protect his estate. The 46-year-old tech guru and downtown Las Vegas investor died the day after Thanksgiving in a Bridgeport, Connecticut, The post Las Vegas Investor Tony Hsieh Leaves Reported $840M Fortune But No Will: Court Filing appeared first on Casino.org.
- Hard Rock International Becomes Official Casino Developer of Bristol Resort in Virginiaby Devin O'Connor on December 3, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Hard Rock International has been formally selected to build and operate a casino resort in Bristol, Va. The casino and hotel are owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The Bristol City Council met briefly this morning and unanimously approved Hard Rock as its gaming partner. Hard Rock has united with two local companies, the The post Hard Rock International Becomes Official Casino Developer of Bristol Resort in Virginia appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Bally’s announces Main Event Mania featuring mega satellites into the WSOP.com Main Eventby Marie Kelley on December 5, 2020 at 12:10 am
Las Vegas is about to be hot with poker action as the WSOP has confirmed the Main Event will go down this month. Players are taking part in the Main Event in the United States first via WSOP.com in Nevada and New Jersey, then in person at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino. The event
- SportCaller extends Virgin Bet partnership with new football trivia game The Ladderby K Morrison on December 4, 2020 at 9:01 pm
Ireland-based free-to-play (FTP) sports-game provider, SportCaller, has enhanced its relationship with Gamesys Group Plc-owned Virgin Bet (Virgin Games), having launched its advanced live-quiz product The Ladder with the UK operator. The cutting-edge football trivia game, which is customized exclusively to the British operator’s “thriving” sports base, tests the strength of customer’s football general knowledge while
- Overseas gamblers to be exempt from coming Japanese casino prize taxationby Adam Morgan on December 4, 2020 at 7:29 pm
In Japan and a prominent member of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party has reportedly pronounced that non-resident gamblers will not have to pay tax on any prizes they may win at the nation’s coming trio of integrated casino resorts. According to a Thursday report from Kyodo News, Akira Amari leads the party’s Tax System Research
- Flutter Entertainment increasing its interest in FanDuel Groupby Adam Morgan on December 4, 2020 at 6:12 pm
British and Irish gambling behemoth Flutter Entertainment has reportedly agreed a deal worth about $4.2 billion that is to see it acquire a further 37.2% stake in American online sportsbook operator FanDuel Group. According to a Thursday report from the Financial Times newspaper, the London-listed firm already held a 61% stake in FanDuel Group courtesy
- Soft2Bet strengthens offering with Felix Gaming’s “user-centric” slot contentby K Morrison on December 4, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Online casino and sportsbook group Soft2Bet has agreed a commercial deal with Bulgarian games studio, Felix Gaming. Under the terms of the agreement, customers of the group’s Curaçao-licensed online casinos will now have access to the immersive slots created by the Sofia-headquartered developer that is known for its “player-centric” approach. “Soft2Bet has continued to impress
- Boss for Saipan casino operator facing the prospect of being sent to jailby Adam Morgan on December 4, 2020 at 6:10 pm
In the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the boss for beleaguered casino operator Imperial Pacific International Holdings Limited is reportedly facing the prospect of spending some time in jail after failing to comply with an earlier district court order. According to a report from the Saipan Tribune newspaper, the United States District Court
- Real Dealer Studios bringing its live-dealer games to LeoVegas.comby Adam Morgan on December 4, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Maltese online casino games developer Real Dealer Studios has announced the signing of an agreement that is to see its portfolio of Real Roulette titles integrated onto the LeoVegas.com domain from prominent iGaming operator LeoVegas AB. The Sliema-headquartered firm used an official Thursday press release published by European Gaming Media and Events to declare that
- GGPoker names Dan Bilzerian as brand ambassadorby Marie Kelley on December 4, 2020 at 6:04 pm
Online poker room GGPoker has added another popular poker pro to its team. This week, GGPoker announced the King of Instagram, Dan Bilzerian, is now a brand ambassador. He will represent GGPoker online and in person during live events. Dan joins the team as he is turning 40, so the online poker room is hosting
- Casino operator share prices rise following United Kingdom vaccination newsby Adam Morgan on December 3, 2020 at 7:15 pm
The share prices for some of the world’s most prominent land-based casino operators have reportedly risen following yesterday’s news that the United Kingdom has become the first country to approve the rollout of a vaccine against coronavirus. According to a report from Inside Asian Gaming, over 65 million people around the world have so far
- Relax Gaming agrees premium content deal with 1X2 Networkby K Morrison on December 3, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Relax Gaming has enhanced its “Powered By” partnership program, having inked a distribution agreement with UK-based independent software company 1X2 Network. The new partnership makes the British firm’s online casino content portfolio available to the B2B iGaming provider and aggregator’s rapidly growing distribution network. Included in the integration are games developed by 1X2 Network’s premium