Casino & Dice News
- Las Vegas Casinos Hiring in Anticipation of Reopening Resorts 100 Percentby Devin O'Connor on April 22, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Las Vegas casino resorts are amid a hiring spree, as demand begins to ramp back up across Southern Nevada. But some firms say they’re having difficulty in finding qualified workers. MGM Resorts, the largest employer in Nevada and the operator of the most casino properties on the Las Vegas Strip, says it has brought back The post Las Vegas Casinos Hiring in Anticipation of Reopening Resorts 100 Percent appeared first on Casino.org.
- McCarran Airport Passengers Without New IDs Soon Could Be Turned Away By TSAby Ed Silverstein on April 22, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Las Vegas-bound tourists are among the domestic airline passengers who likely will need upgraded IDs to board a plane starting in October. But so far, nationally only 43 percent of Americans have gotten what are called “Real ID” versions of their driver’s licenses. Real ID licenses are issued by individual states. They appear similar to The post McCarran Airport Passengers Without New IDs Soon Could Be Turned Away By TSA appeared first on Casino.org.
- Las Vegas Sands Mulls Boosting Sands China Investment with Venetian Sale Cashby Todd Shriber on April 22, 2021 at 3:02 pm
Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) is considering using some of the proceeds from the sale of its Strip assets to increase its stake in Sands China, its Macau unit. Executives from the largest US gaming operator by market capitalization commented on the matter during the company first-quarter earnings conference call. Sands reported total property earnings before The post Las Vegas Sands Mulls Boosting Sands China Investment with Venetian Sale Cash appeared first on Casino.org.
- West Virginia Casino Offering Slots, Table Games, Sportsbook, and Vaccinesby Devin O'Connor on April 22, 2021 at 2:54 pm
A casino in West Virginia is offering guests all of its traditional gambling games, but also the chance to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is one of the many casinos across the country that has volunteered some of its resort space to serve its community as a COVID-19 vaccination site. The post West Virginia Casino Offering Slots, Table Games, Sportsbook, and Vaccines appeared first on Casino.org.
- Thousands Taken from One-Armed Bandit Leads Penn Gaming Board to Issue Finesby Steve Bittenbender on April 22, 2021 at 8:27 am
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board announced it issued fines totaling $17,500 after its Office of Enforcement Counsel reached agreements with three licensees that committed infractions. Board members approved the agreements during its monthly meeting on Wednesday. Two of the violations were related as Pennsylvania officials fined both Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores and Second The post Thousands Taken from One-Armed Bandit Leads Penn Gaming Board to Issue Fines appeared first on Casino.org.
- Powerball Expansion to Australia on Hold, Idaho Retains Membership as a Resultby Devin O'Connor on April 22, 2021 at 7:01 am
Powerball had hoped to expand to Australia this year to boost sales and revenue. But those plans are being put on hold. The Idaho Lottery has been participating in Powerball, the multistate lottery game owned and operated by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), for more than three decades. But state lawmakers said passed legislation to The post Powerball Expansion to Australia on Hold, Idaho Retains Membership as a Result appeared first on Casino.org.
- Gold Rush Keeps License As Illinois Gaming Board Finds No Proof of Inducementby Steve Bittenbender on April 22, 2021 at 5:44 am
One of the largest video gaming operators in Illinois will not lose its license. That’s after regulators in that state determined Wednesday its owner did not offer a bribe to a then-owner of a gaming café chain. The decision by the Illinois Gaming Board ends a year-and-a-half investigation into Gold Rush Amusements. It approved a The post Gold Rush Keeps License As Illinois Gaming Board Finds No Proof of Inducement appeared first on Casino.org.
- Role Model: DraftKings Tabs Gisele Bündchen to Advise Company on Environmentby Steve Bittenbender on April 22, 2021 at 2:20 am
DraftKings announced Wednesday that former supermodel Gisele Bündchen will serve as a special advisor to cofounder and CEO Jason Robins and the Boston-based sports gaming and technology company’s board of directors. According to a company release, Bündchen will advise on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives. Her position starts immediately, the company added. The announcement The post Role Model: DraftKings Tabs Gisele Bündchen to Advise Company on Environment appeared first on Casino.org.
- Ex-NBA Player’s Plan for Las Vegas Strip Hotel, Arena Complex Wins Approvalby Larry Henry on April 22, 2021 at 12:10 am
Former NBA player Jackie Robinson is getting another shot at building an arena and hotel complex on the Las Vegas Strip. The Clark County Commission on Wednesday approved Robinson’s project agreements for construction at the northeast end of the Strip. Without this approval, his deadline to move forward on the long-delayed project would have expired. The post Ex-NBA Player’s Plan for Las Vegas Strip Hotel, Arena Complex Wins Approval appeared first on Casino.org.
- Oaklawn Opens Hotel-Casino Expansion, Still Seeking Employeesby Larry Henry on April 21, 2021 at 10:22 pm
Oaklawn Casino Racing Resort held an official opening on Wednesday for its $100 million expansion in Hot Springs, Arkansas, even with job slots still in need of applicants. Oaklawn General Manager Wayne Smith told KATV-TV that only about half of the 400 available jobs had been filled by this week. Without more employees, all the The post Oaklawn Opens Hotel-Casino Expansion, Still Seeking Employees appeared first on Casino.org.
World Casino News Your source for breaking casino news.
- Dire quarterly net gaming revenues for Rank Groupby Adam Morgan on April 22, 2021 at 6:12 pm
In the United Kingdom and prominent land-based and online gaming operator Rank Group has released its financial results for the first three months of the year showing a drop of 72% year-on-year in like-for-like aggregated net gaming revenues. The Maidenhead-headquartered firm behind the Grosvenor Casinos and Mecca Bingo chains used an official press release to
- Pragmatic Play Limited heads south of the border for some Hot Fiesta funby Adam Morgan on April 22, 2021 at 6:11 pm
A mere week after launching its Floating Dragon Hold & Spin video slot and Maltese online casino games developer Pragmatic Play Limited has now returned to announce the debut of its new five-reel and 25-payline Hot Fiesta innovation. The Sliema-headquartered firm used an official press release to describe its latest three-row video slot as having
- Swedish iGaming operators being frozen out of financial transactionsby Adam Morgan on April 22, 2021 at 6:10 pm
The trade association for iGaming operators in Sweden, the Branscheforenigen For Onlinespel (BOS), has reportedly written to the nation’s financial authority to ask why local banks have suddenly started withdrawing services for licensed online gaming operators. According to a Wednesday report from iGamingBusiness.com, the inquiry to the Finansinspektionen comes after a raft of major financial
- Spearhead Studios makes iGaming content available via Playtech Games Marketplace; launches first video poker titleby K Morrison on April 22, 2021 at 6:08 pm
Lauding it as a “household name in iGaming,” real-money game production company, Spearhead Studios, has partnered with British online gaming software supplier Playtech plc (PTEC:London) in a deal that will make its games portfolio available to the UK firm’s industry-leading content providers. Under the agreement, the London-listed technology company will integrate the real-money game production
- Champion Sports launches new online sports betting platformby Sadonna Price on April 22, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Using next-level technology, Champion Sports has introduced a brand-new B2B sportsbook platform to provide operators with quick, and user-friendly betting experience via multiple channels. The platform was created to be adaptable, with the ability to scale to meet every operator requirement. With this customization, operators in the sports betting world can provide players with exactly
- Chicago officials request proposals for new casino projectby Sadonna Price on April 22, 2021 at 6:05 pm
Chicago officials are ready to get the ball rolling on a new casino resort. Today, officials will start a request for proposals, and interested parties will have until August 23 to turn in their submissions. The goal is to award a contract and see the new resort open by 2025. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot hopes
- Sands China Limited experiencing premium-mass gaming revenues recoveryby Adam Morgan on April 22, 2021 at 6:04 pm
In Macau and local casino operator Sands China Limited has reportedly announced that its gross gaming revenues from the premium-mass segment have been recovering and currently stand at around 50% of their pre-pandemic levels. According to a report from GGRAsia, this revelation came from the Hong Kong-listed firm’s Chief Operating Officer, Grant Chum Kwan Lock,
- Richmond eliminates Bally’s $650M resort casino proposal; only two remain on short listby K Morrison on April 21, 2021 at 8:57 pm
In Virginia, after narrowing the field of bidders for a resort casino down to three finalists last month, the city of Richmond has now eliminated Bally’s Corporation and its $650 million casino proposal from the shortlist of proposed projects, leaving just two suitors, The Cordish Companies and Urban One, in the running, according to a
- Macau tourism official expecting Labour Day surge in visitationby Adam Morgan on April 21, 2021 at 8:57 pm
In Macau and a senior official with the enclave’s tourism ministry has reportedly predicted that local hotel occupancy rates during next month’s five-day Labour Day public holiday could reach as high as 80%. According to a Tuesday report from GGRAsia, Cheng Wai Tong serves as the Deputy Director for the Macao Government Tourism Office and
- Annual financials for Holland Casino hit by the impacts of coronavirusby Adam Morgan on April 21, 2021 at 6:19 pm
In the Netherlands and state-owned casino operator Holland Casino has released its financial results for 2020 showing that it experienced a loss of €80.7 million ($97 million) owing to restrictions associated with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The firm used an official Tuesday press release to detail that this figure represented a drop of 190% year-on-year